Saturday, February 21, 2015

Whats new?

Does anyone else feel like starting a blog is kinda like speed dating? You have to get all the important stuff in really fast or you lose the attention and you have to start over with the next one. So I am going to just tell you about me and family. If that's not interesting enough, then you don't know crazy when you see it :)


This is me! Im a 32 year old wife, mom, and recently a social worker! I have a background in working with kids with special needs, I have a lot of experience and knowledge with sensory processing disorder, knowledge of all sorts of mental health needs, and recently began working as a social worker doing special needs adoptions! I am adopted myself and have recently begun searching for my biological mother. My husband and I were foster parents, and down the road when our own kids are older we hope to adopt someday!



This is my husband. I know, its a pretty hot picture :) Don't ever tell him I posted this!! In 5 days we will celebrate 9 years of being married! We have had our share of ups and downs and we have been through more heartache in both our lives than anyone should have. We are here though! We have survived, and we will continue to survive. I consider him my best friend and don't know what I would do without him! Aaron is currently a recreation therapist at a residential facility were we both worked before I got a job as a social worker.




 These are my darlings!! The photo on the left is from Disney World this past year and the one on the right is this past Christmas. Emma is my beautiful, imaginative, creative 9 year old. She has such a brave outspoken love for God she challenges me to grow! Grace is my fanciful, unpredictable 6 year old. She has been diagnosed with autism in the past and presents a lot of challenges for us but I wouldn't trade her for anything! Hopie is my heart :) she is the joy of our family! She is almost 3 and spoiled by everyone in the house!

So here we are! If your reading this, chances are you already know us, but hopefully you will share this with someone who doesn't! I look forward to sharing the amazing things in our life and also some of the not so amazing too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment