Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 3 of potty training

Day 3 and so far she has totally exceeded my expectations! The last 3 days Grace has successfully pooped on the potty, she has had a few wet diapers/pull-ups but overall, has gone pee several times a day on the potty too! I found fruit snacks to be a great reward! They are something new so it is easy for me to limit them to one or two, and she keeps the whining for treats to a minimum that way. They do have red food dye, but I feel the trade off for a short period of time may be worth it!

This morning she told me she didnt want to use the potty so I told her that was fine and put a diaper on her and just let it go. She then made the choice to use the potty on her own (I did ask a few times but didnt pressure her at all). I think a very laid back approach will be needed with her. With Emma we were pretty intense about it, going every couple hours or more often if she didnt pee and it worked great with her. Every child is different so I think a more laid back approach that isnt pressured will work better with Grace! Im excited to see how she does over the next week or so! GO GRACE!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment