Sunday, April 3, 2011

Time to take out the tonsils!

Well, its official, Grace got strep again last friday (April fool's day!). The last time she had it was March 9, and after she finished her antibiotics she was rechecked and it came back negative. It is officially time for the tonsils to come out! The ENT is calling me Monday to schedule the appointment. I am VERY nervous! I am not so much nervous about the procedure, but I am nervous about how she will react afterwards. She is the type of kid who will scream because she is in pain and throw BIG tantrums. If her throat hurts she tends to scream a lot more, she hasnt made the connection yet that screaming makes it hurt more! I find it easy to trust God to protect her through the surgery, I also have to remember to trust God to protect her afterwards! Do you have any young kids who had their tonsils out? What were your experiences?

1 comment:

  1. We will be getting her tonsils out on April 15th assuming she is healthy by the 11th! I am nervous and glad to get it over with! I will be posting the info when I get it!

    ReplyDelete