Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday night church service!

Today was a much better day for Grace. We still had a few small meltdowns, but they were pretty easily handled. Her rash is still visible, but slowly it is beginning to fade. Our church recently switched to Saturday night services instead of Sunday morning. My girls LOVE it! They love getting to stay up a little later at night and love to go play with their friends. Right now I am a teacher in Emma's class and this fall I will be switching to Gracie's class. I love being able to be a part of their learning at church and home about God. I LOVE to hear Emma's answers in class and to see her talk about the things she learns. We have started reading a Bible story every night recently. She does great at listening and answering questions and remembering what she hears. She even talks about it over the next few days and applies it to her life which is even better! Now that the girls are sharing a room I think we will add Grace to our story time every night. Tonight we learned about the lame man who was healed and able to walk. It was great to share the story about Emma as an infant. I was working 3rd shift and while Emma slept wonderfully at night she also screamed the whole day! For a (at the time) single Mama trying to work all night and then NOT get any sleep during the day you can imagine it wasnt going well! I started laying my hands on her and praying for her whenever she would cry and she stopped crying all the time! I was excited to share that story with her and her class tonight. I am very excited for her to start Awana this fall. Emma has an amazing memory I believe it is nearly photographic! I cant wait to see all the verses she soaks up! I am excited to see if Grace is the same way as she gets older. Grace is wonderful at praying at the table, and I love to hear the things she prays for!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! PS I love you, Gracie, Emma, and Aaron! You are a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! We think your pretty awesome yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete