Monday, August 1, 2011

Visiting Congo on Wednesday!

Grace has been talking about Congo like crazy the last few days! We are going to visit him on Wednesday, I was excited to tell her about it today. Emma will be meeting him for the first time, and we are bringing Jersey with us as well to see how they get along. He was in our house a couple weeks before going off to training, but this is the first time since he left Jersey will be seeing him. I am excited to see him as well. I feel like its these visits that give me the energy to continue this journey! There is NO doubt in my mind or in my heart that this is exactly what we should be doing for Grace. I will be honest, however, and say the process is definitely wearing me down. It has been MUCH harder to fundraise than I anticipated it being! I love talking to people, but its not feasible for me to have Grace with me when doing things like going door to door or meeting with groups of people. Since she is always with me, this is drastically cutting down my ability to go and get the word out. We have been having a lot of issues with Grace being sick or just plain having meltdowns so I have been in the house a LOT lately and havent had much time away from her. The last few days I have had to hold on the knowledge that I feel strongly this is the right think to do for her! When I picture Congo here I can absolutely see where our situation will get better. These times like now when I feel trapped in the house because of her behavior will hopefully not happen as Congo and Grace bond and learn to interact with each other and he helps her through these moments. Grace has become more aggressive over the past week, and I am constantly monitering her interactions with Emma. We have rearranged their rooms in order to have a room with no toys that is bare bones for Grace to go when she is overstimulated. ABA therapy would be so perfect for her right now. I am hoping after her birthday we can get on the waiting list to help address some specific issues! Soon she will start school, so I hope that will also help! The next brat roast is this weekend! I am excited about the oppurtunity to make more connections and raise more money for Congo! I hope you come to visit us at Walmart!

No comments:

Post a Comment