Thursday, August 4, 2011

Our visit with Congo, 8-3-11





On Wednesday we went to visit Congo. As you can see, he is growing! He was very hyper the first couple of minutes (which is definitely to be expected since he is ALL puppy still!) but then he quickly settled down. Grace had a pretty rough trip there, as soon as we were in the car she was asking to go home. Since it is a 1 1/2 hour car ride you can imagine how that went! She was pretty standoffish the whole time we were there, I got a couple cute pictures of her and him together. If you would like to see them, check out our facebook page Service Dog for Gracie. Congo had not seen Gracie in 2 months. I was expecting him to be very bonded with the family training him and not initially react to Grace. Well I was wrong! The INSTANT he saw her he ran to her and was all over her with kisses and climbing on her. Once he settled down she didnt really want anything to do with him, but he just watched her and went where she did! Even though I had the leash and I was the one petting him, he had his eyes on her the whole time! I followed her around with him for about an hour like this. At one point she was swinging on the playground, and he was laying on the ground just watching her. I am convinced he knows he has a special purpose in her life. God is absolutely showing me this is the right thing to do. Every time I feel worn down and find myself praying and asking God if I should continue on this path, the answer I get is an overwhelming yes! Some great things are happing with the fundraising (but that is a blog for tomorrow!). GOD IS GOOD! The trainer let me know after we left Congo howled when Grace was gone! I thought that was so cute. I am excited to update you on everything happening with the fundraising, but for now, I am off for some much needed rest!












2 comments:

  1. Congo's ears look so fluffy...he is getting so big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how God encourages on the long (and sometimes weary) road we travel? This is really the best thing for Grace! And we all know that our Father wants the BEST for each of us!

    ReplyDelete