Saturday, April 28, 2012

Garage Sale finds

 The last couple weeks I have started to really stress about getting everything ready for the baby! I realized that I had very little clothes left from my other two daughters, and what I do have is not the right season! I saw several signs for garage sales yesterday, so today I went investigating! Hallelujah! I found TONS of clothes! I even found bassinet sheets, hats, socks, fleece blankets, wraps, onesies, and more!



One of the most frustrating things I have dealt with is that the ONLY new purchase I wanted to make was a Sit N Stand stroller! Everywhere I looked I either could not find one I liked, or if I found one I liked it was to expensive! It was the only new purchase I wanted, and I was getting really upset I couldn't find one! The first stop I made had a Joovy brand stroller exactly what I was looking for! Even mine and my husbands favorite color! To buy this new would have been close to $250! I was able to purchase it in new condition for $70! 





Having kids nowadays has gotten much cheaper than it use to be with garage sales and second hand stores. When I had my first daughter I bought very little new clothes, I was able to find great deals at a second hand store in our town. I nursed my second daughter and was thrilled with how much cheaper it was to avoid the cost and time of bottles and formula! I am looking forward to even making my own baby food thanks to the Baby Bullet my parents got me! What are your tips for cutting costs when having kids?


No comments:

Post a Comment