Friday, May 4, 2012

To wait.... or to induce!

I am 37 weeks pregnant with my 3rd daughter! My OB feels I could go into labor anytime. We do have an induction scheduled for 38 weeks. This will be my second time being induced and I am thrilled with it! I went into labor naturally with my first daughter at 38 weeks. I had a relatively quick labor and only pushed for about 45 minutes with her. With my second daughter I was induced at 38 weeks. My parents live across the country from us and being induced allowed them to plan to come out and help me. I was a full-time student at the time as well and it also allowed me to plan for time off of school, as well as work. I LOVED being induced! I went in about 6:00 am that day, they broke my water and started my pitocin between 7:30-8 am and my second daughter was born at 12:07pm after 2 pushes (OK I'm bragging a little here!)!!! I had an epidural with my first and while I had one with my second, unfortunately, it didn't work. I will absolutely say I feel my second labor was much quicker and less painful. I have also never talked to another mom who had a positive experience with being induced! I am sure you are out there somewhere! Now that I have 2 kids (one who takes a lot more time and work than the other) it is wonderful to know that I don't have to worry about going into labor and not having anyone around to help. I am thrilled to know my mom is flying out and will be able to take care of the girls for me while I am in labor. What are your thoughts on it? Have you ever been induced and would you do it again?


We have also decided to not have visitors while we are at the hospital. What was your plan for your hospital stays? We have had an outbreak of pertussis in our area, and while I normally do not feel the need to seclude my kids as infants, this one is widespread enough I feel the need to take a few extra precautions! We have never lived in an area where there were a lot of people to visit us when I had my other two girls so it was never an issue before! I also stayed in the hospital for barely 24 hours after having my second daughter. We have lived where we are for 2 years and I really feel like we have found our home. We have made many friends and ties in our area! I LOVE knowing we have a place we fit in, but at the same time definitely want to take as much advantage of my ability to sleep while in the hospital! It isn't very common for me to have to much downtime. Between work, school, and kids I am usually pretty busy! Add to that we recently acquired a service dog for one of my daughters, and I wouldn't mind just going to the hospital and sleeping from now till she is born!! Did you have a lot of visitors when you were in the hospital?


I cant wait to announce to you when little Miss Hope makes her entrance to the world! We are very excited to meet her, and she is dancing all over in my tummy, so hopefully she is almost ready to come out too!

1 comment:

  1. I've been induced 2x. Had an "assist" with my first (partial induction after spontaneous labor)--they were all positive.

    ReplyDelete